What I bought from Sephora VIB 20% Sale

Sephora VIB Sale

As every beauty lover will say, it's that time of the year!  The Sephora sale that matters!  Why?  Because if you're VIB Rouge or VIB, you get 20% off your purchase.  Of course, if you're a Beauty Insider, you get 15% off your purchase.  This runs until November 15, 2017.  Taking advantage of sales is just who I am.  I still cringe at the thought of buying a lot of things all at once, so the items I purchased from Sephora still is not as big of an amount as others.  I know!  I watch beauty gurus on YouTube who buy huge boxes full, probably totaling at least $500 or more.  Nope.  I can't do that...maybe one day.  I buy what satisfies me the most, whether it's needed or wanted.

Let me say, though, that you have to be strategic in what you purchase.

What I've learned from others and want to stress to you are the three key categories to buy from: 1) Skincare, 2) Foundation, and 3) Fragrance.  They are the most expensive products in your collection at home.  You constantly use every product throughout the year and foundation, for instance, only has like a 12-month shelf life so you most likely need to buy a new one anyways.  Setting powder can also go along with foundation.  I, personally, like the Laura Mercier translucent setting powder if I want something high end.  Skincare items include not only cleanser, toner, moisturizer but also eye cream, masks, serums.  Stock up!  When it comes to fragrances, if you don't ask for it for the Holidays, then you'll need to get it now to save some money because they can break the bank for sure.  I would love to get my hands on the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Rose parfum.  Smells wonderful!  Yes, I didn't get it this time only because I have other perfumes at home I need to use up...just trying to be practical, I guess.

Here are the five items I purchased for this year's sale:


Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Cream

This is the foundation I use.  Last year I bought the Detox version of his BB Cream, but I believe the Premium is much better and therefore will spend my moo-la on that.  There are so many foundation options to choose from in Sephora, older brands as well as newer brands like Fenty Beauty.  I have skin issues but I prefer to stick with something light to medium like this BB cream and then go in with concealer and powder, sometimes even use my Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush foundation (which I need to repurchase soon).


Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - Trooper

The one liner I can trust.  Application is smooth, color is rich and opaque, lasts a while - in short, it never lets me down.  It's smart to repurchase items you know you'll use up.  I also am going to get Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid liner because I'd like to try it out.  Beauty bloggers and vloggers say it's one of the best liners out there.  I'm buying it in dark brown (change it up, you know).


Tatcha - The Kyoto Cleanse

I enjoyed a sample of the enzyme rice powder earlier this year, so I thought I would buy at least the smaller version of it.  Just another exfoliant to add to my cleansing routine.  It doesn't hurt to try the cleansing oil from Tatcha either, as I hear good things about it.  Gift sets are another way to get bang for your buck, especially during sale time.


Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture - Frizz Fighting Essentials Kit

Another gift set I purchased - this time products for my hair.  I love using the Curl Whip Styling Souffle, so why not try some other items from her line.  I'll be getting a conditioner, gel and oil.  I feel like coconut is the answer to my curly hair issues #firstworldproblems.

Belif - The True Cream Aqua Bomb

I have been using several masks lately, to clarify and detox my skin but can be drying at times, so I need a lightweight moisturizer that will hydrate my skin well enough and also not clog it up.  I've used the deluxe size of this in the past and am finishing up one currently, so I need a bigger tube to get through the winter.  Korean beauty is definitely working for me and I know works for others.  They are changing the game.

I so look forward to using these products.  I don't have the Flash 2-day shipping with Sephora this time, so I'll have to wait a little longer.  Let me know what you tend to buy with your 20% or 15% off from Sephora this week in the comments!

Links to every product I'm purchasing are down below.  Happy shopping!


Rosie


Gel face moisturizer
sephora.com


Tatcha face wash
sephora.com
Frizzy hair care
sephora.com


Beauty product
sephora.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kansas City Fashion Week Spring | Summer 2018 Wednesday Show

Garden Party Kansas City Fashion Week

Solar Eclipse Path of Totality 2017